1. Sunday, Ladybug beat her Girl Scout cookie goal of 200 by 11 boxes. Thanks for all of you who bought or donated cookies. You should have seen her working the Knight of Columbus hall during the chili cook-off last week. She is a very determined little girl.
2. Monday, my husband was the bus captain for our church to the March for Life in Washington, D.C. Despite the cold weather, he said the amount of people was astounding, media reports pegged the number of approximately 400,000. The crowd was friendly and prayerful. It consisted mainly of young people, and hundreds of religious: priests, monks, and sisters in traditional habits. This was his third year attending the March and he felt the best one yet. One day when the girls get older, I would like to attend too.
3. Tuesday, I was shopping at our local Asian market when the clerk pointed at my girls and asked me, "Are you their GRANDMOTHER?" When I told my husband about it, he laughed and said, "Well, you ARE old enough to be their grandmother. " OUCH!
4. Wednesday, I finally started reading The Story of the Soul by St. Therese of Lisieux. I am drawn to St. Therese and her "Little Ways". I hope in reading this book and reflecting on her life, I can be a better person, more patient and less cranky. See #3.
5. Thursday, my friend, Bridget, over at The Ivey League, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. What a blessing for all!
7. For more Quick Takes, hop on over to Jennifer at Conversion Diary