1. Fevers, sinus infections, strep throats, we having a germ party at A Simple Twist of Faith this week. Fortunately, Ladybug is starting to feel better after four days of antibiotics. Bumblebee and my husband have beat the odds and remain healthy. As for me, today was the first day this week, I did not wake up with a splitting headache. I actually exercised this morning. HURRAH!
3. Due to the plague in my house, the girls have been watching a lot of movies. Ladybug's favorite this week is Meet Me in Saint Louis with Judy Garland. Margaret O' Brien co-starred as her five year old sisterd, Tootie. Have Youself a Merry Christmas was written for this movie.
4. Speaking of movies, I have a confeesion to make, I actually BOUGHT a DVD. On Sunday, I watched the season finale of Downton Abbey. I LOVED this series, and as I research it, I discovered that PBS heavily edited the original UK version. I found the unedited DVD on Amazon for $16.99 much less than the list price.
5. Thursday started the fifteen day celebration of the Chinese New Year. We are invited to a Lunar New Years Party this weekend, and I am hoping we are all well enough to attend. Here's a photo of my girls in their Chinese attire last year. It is amazing to see how much they have changed in one year. The days are long but the years are short.
6. I am no sports fan, I am more of the Masterpiece Theater type, see #4. However, next week, my Mom's prayer group will be studying chapter 3 of John. In preparing for the meeting, I stumbled across a controversy surrounding the upcoming Super Bowl. It appears Fox has rejected a Super Bowl ad featuring John 3:16. Perhaps, the Fox executives should continue reading John 3:17-21.
7. Well, I better go grocery shopping. Thanks to participating in the Pantry Challenge hosted by Life as Mom, I was under my grocery budget for the month of January. However, my cupboards are looking a little bare.
For more Quick Takes, please join Jennifer at Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend!