1. My husband's friend, send him a present in the mail this week, a CD by John Michael Talbot. Thirty years ago, they used to listen to it when they were in a Baptist youth group. Now, as a convert to Catholicism, the album has an even more special meaning to my husband because the songs are from the Liturgy of the Mass.
3. Girl Scout cookies are coming! We have boxes of lemon chalets, samoas and thin mints galore, need I say more!
4. We had a great time at our friends' Lunar New Year party on Saturday. If you are interested in learning more about Chinese New Year, please check out Kathy's and Fimby's sites. Both of these ladies have done a wonderful job of explaining the traditions and foods surrounding this holiday. Chinese New Year starts on the new moon on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon 15 days later. On the last day, the Lantern Festival is celebrated at night with children carrying lanterns in a parade. We will be having a small celebration at our house this year on our patio. I was able to find some cool lanterns at Williamsburg Pottery and Party City. One of the customs, is buying new clothes for the New Year. Here are my girls in their new brand outfits, they selected themselves. Thanks to my friend, Steph, who send me a generous birthday check, I was able to buy myself a cute fitted jacket with a mandarin collar.
5. Aren't they beautiful? I feel so blessed to have them call me Mommy. With these two children, God has gave me a second chance in life, so I can focus on what really matters. My daughters are living proof, "whoever seeks shall find, whoever asks shall receive, that unto him that knocks it shall be opened" (Luke 11:9).
6. For all you of home school, in a few short weeks, there is a wonderful historical education opporunity. Colonial Williamsburg is hosting an exclusive homeschooler program and reduced pricing from February 26 through March 5, 2011. They are also offering a variety of teaching resources. To register or receive more information click here for Special Events for Home Schoolers. We attended last fall and really enjoyed the experience.
7. For more quick takes, please hop over to Jennifer at Conversion Diary. She is amazing! Have a great weekend, and stay warm!