Don't forget Thursday is book review day, I am participating in "Bookin it 2011" hosted by Life as Mom. This week I will be reviewing The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Speaking of happiness, I know money cannot buy joy, but here are a list of a few of my favorite things that make everyday life just a little sweeter...
- My dear friend, Bozena's homemade cappuccino with a chocolate drizzled croissant, add her wonderful company and it's all worth the 10 hour drive in a mini van with a three and five year old.
- Rick and his famous Chocolate Tart, with a bottle of Italian sparkling, and our girls snug in their beds.
- Carmen's Lemon Drop martini, I have NEVER had a martini I liked until I tried this one.
- My morning stand-by, my thick white terry cotton robe, a cup of Eight O'Clock Colombian coffee, and,of course, my new copy of the Magnificat.
- My prescription sunglasses, I look cool and I can see at the same time.
- My Pre Cor elliptical exercise machine, I used it every day. It keeps me sane and in my size 8 pants.
- My Toyota Sienna, the ultimate mommy mobile that handles like a sports car, well, at least, like a sedan.
- My fire engine red pumps Rick gave me for my 44th birthday, they make me feel like I still "got it".
These are a few of my favorite things, how about you?