1. March 9th is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. For my thoughts on how to prepare for the Lenten season, please read my last post entitled Rend your heart, not your garments. For another wonderful resource for all-things Lent click here. Also for children, consider the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies Family Pages, they are offering free Lenten reproductible activities for kids K-8.
2. Wednesday also starts 40 Days for Life: "40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of prayer and fasting, constant vigil, and community outreach... The 40-day campaign tracks Biblical history, where God used 40-day periods to transform individuals, communities...and the entire world.".
3. Also next week, starts Project Simplify over at Simple Mom. Think of it as spring cleaning with purpose. I will be following along, and invite you to join too. First project, over the weekend, sit down with your husband and create or review your family purpose statement.
4. Here's our family's mission statement:
- Listen to God and follow the Holy Spirit
- Develop and enrich our marriage
- Educate, guide, and nurture our children so they can get into heaven
- Live simply, so others can simply live
- Create a peaceful, relaxing haven at home
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
5. Ladybug has found her new favorite TV show, Martin Yan's Hidden China. It is on pbs create. She loved watching it, check it out!
7. Tomorrow, we have Girl Scout cookies selling and a zoo trip with our Families with Children from China organization. Sunday, worship, rest, and reading. I'll be talking about Jane Austen's Mansfield Park on Thursday, March 10th. I hope you have a great weekend!
For more quick takes, please head over to Hallie at the Betty Beguiles!