1. In my bible study group, we reviewed chapter 18 of John, the Passion of Jesus Christ. We had a lively discussion about this Pilate's question to Jesus, "What is truth?". Then one of my friends sent me the link to Rachel Balducci's post on Oprah's last Show. Rachel Balducci, a Catholic mom of 5 boys and 1 girl, and is a contributing writer for the Faith and Family website. It sounds like she was sitting in our group this week!
Read it and tell me what you think.
2. Thursday was a particular trying one for home schooling. It culminated in my six year old answering "I don't know and I don't care" when I asked her to name two things she learned about habitat. I wrote that down on her narration page, and she ended up laughing, but I was emotional spent by the time my husband arrived home.
3.Since I forgot to post it last week, here's a picture of my sister and me at the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
Congratulations again to my sister for this great honor!
4.Tuesday we had just completed our Girl Scout Daisy garden service project at a local assisted living residence when a heavy rain, wind and hail storm hit. Fortunately, we had all of the little girls inside the retirement community when the storm hit. There are many trees down, and one man was killed at the shipyard when a crane crashed into a temporary building. I cannot imagine how the people of Midwest feel.
Join with me and pray for them.
5. Help me win a Personal Shopping Package...Betty Beguiles, who blogs about marriage, moxie, and modesty with a vintage twist is now launching a Personal shopping venture. Her ideas are really cute, check her out!
6. Well, it's late and I am tired so...I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend and I hope you have one too!
7. For more Quick Takes, please visit Jennifer at the Conversion Diary.