First, I want to thank God for keeping my family safe during Hurricane Irene. My biggest fear was that a tree would go through my house and kill one of my beautiful babies. That did not happen in fact, we were very lucky all around, no damages, just a lot of yard work, and no power, or internet...
Today, I am back! Here are some of the sights, sounds and smells of the past 72 hours.
Look who I found in the garden...
- The noisy old generator that used more oil than gas.
- Coffee and omelets on the grill.
- Cold showers
- Sweltering nights with no air conditioning.
- The pitch black of our hallway bathroom.
- The buzzing of a zillion mosquitoes
- The smell of DEET
- Cold sandwiches and cold beer.
- and a grateful heart.
"I love you, Lord, my strength,
Lord, my rock, my fortress, my
My God, my rock of refuge,
my shield, my saving horn, my
Psalm 18: 2-3