The realization that I needed this list all started with a headache that lasted over ten days, and when I wrote about it, many of you suggested, requested, or demanded that I go see a doctor. Which got me thinking when was the last time I went to the doctor for a check-up? I looked back and realized it was when I HAD to go for a physical examination as part of the adoption process for Bumblebee. My record for the OB/GYN and mammogram was even worse, when I went to schedule an appointment, I found out my doctor had left town in 2009. Given my family history with breast cancer, this is just crazy of me not to keep up with, if not for myself, for the sake of my children.
So, last week, I have scheduled an OB/GYN appointment, with a new doctor. But it got me thinking, I really need to pay more attention to my own personal health. It is not only about doctor's appointments, but eating right, getting enough exercise, and sleep, and finding ways to relax.
So for the fall edition of "Tackle It Tuesdays" I will be working on:
HEALTH, REST & RELAXATION
- Get update to date on all health-related appointments (dentist, eye doctor, MD, OB/GYN, mammogram, etc.)
- Incorporate upper body strength training into my fitness routine.
- Do a better job of meal planning and start a personal food diary.
- Read a novel or other book just for fun at least once a month.
- Plan a date night with my husband at least once a week.
- Plan my week so I can reserve Sunday as a day of worship, family fun and relaxation.
- Learn the fine art of saying NO.
During the summer, I joined 5 Minutes for Moms to tackle one big organizational project a week. It was manageable, and making myself blog about the project every week, made me accountable and I was able to accomplish many projects this summer, including cleaning out the garage and redecorating my little girls’ room.
Large and small, here are the projects I tackled this summer: