1. I know fall started with the Autumn Equinox in September, but I live in Tidewater Virginia. Around these parts, November begins our Fall weather, and I am ready for it. I welcome the cooler weather, although Rick does not. I think one day we may end up in Florida if he has his way. As for me, I really like living in Virginia. I enjoy Colonial Williamsburg at Christmastime, I love strawberrying picking with my girls in the spring, and I even tolerate the summers as long as we can go to the beach and swim. One thing I cannot abide is the swarm of mosquitoes we have had this year, and thankfully with this cold snap, they are dead! The girls and their friends can finally play in our backyard without getting eaten alive.
2. Speaking of cooler weather, Kyooty posted a chili recipe I am going to make this weekend. I am pairing it with beer and cornbread, a winning combination in my book.
3. What are your plans for the weekend? I hope to steal away a couple of hours, and write a few posts about faith. I also am in the mood something with pumpkin in it, if you have any good recipes, please share them with me. I would like to try something different.
4. Over Veteran's Day weekend, we are going to visit my good friend, Stephanie and her family. They have just recently relocated back to the States, after being stationed in Germany for four years. I am so excited to see Stephanie, her husband, and my godchildren. Please say a prayer that Bumblebee and I will be over this nasty cold before then so we can fully enjoy this reunion.
5. Although I am not a big TV watcher, I grew up on PBS Masterpiece Theatre. I cannot wait until the return of Downton Abbey! Season 1 starts again in December, and Season 2 will premier in January.
6. NaBloPoMo Prompt of the Day:
Friday, November 4, 2011
When you are writing, do you prefer to use a pen or a computer?
Frankly, I would rather use pen. I guess I am showing my age. I am not very computer saavy, hence the simplicity of my blog. I don't even really consider myself a writer. I like to talk, and I like to share my faith and stories about my life. Maybe one day, I will take get serious about my blog, come up with a interesting design, or figure out how to generate more traffic, however that is not my season now.
7. Have a great weekend! For more quick takes, please join Jennifer at Conversion Diary.